Collection and Use of Personal Information
HoloCom Inc. does not actively collect or store personal information from our users unless it is related to their login info or other limited requirements.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information that HoloCom may collect and how we may use it:
• When you create a HoloCom account, apply for commercial credit, download a software update, contact us or participate in an on-line survey, we may collect a variety of information including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and, if required, credit card information.
• When you share your content with family and friends using HoloCom software or invite others to participate in HoloCom services or meetings, HoloCom may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. HoloCom will use such information to fulfill your requests and provide the relevant service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted for HoloCom’s latest announcements, software updates, or upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at any time.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our services, content and advertising and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
• We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of HoloCom account holders.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with HoloCom, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve HoloCom services and customer communications.
• If you enter into a sweepstakes, contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a HoloCom service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our services and advertising.
• We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
• With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help our app developers improve their apps. If we do combine nonpersonal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Knowing your country and language helps us provide a customized and more useful experience. Knowing whether someone using your computer or device has shopped for a certain product or used a particular service helps us make our advertising and email communications more relevant to your interests.
And knowing your contact information, hardware identifiers, and information about your computer or device helps us personalize your operating system, set up a HoloCom Cloud service if available, and provide you with better customer service.
As is true of most Internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. HoloCom may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the HoloCom website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We could track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times HoloCom may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with HoloCom to provide products and services, or that help HoloCom market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by HoloCom to provide or improve our services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Disclosure to Service Providers
HoloCom may share personal information with companies that provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may not be located wherever HoloCom operates.
Disclosure to Others
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for HoloCom to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. Similarly, we may disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
HoloCom takes the security of your personal information very seriously. HoloCom on-line services such as a proposed HoloCom Online Store or a similarly-named HoloCom Store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by HoloCom, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some HoloCom services or applications or post on a HoloCom forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including a request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if HoloCom is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting email@example.com.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Those under the age of 13 are not allowed to use HoloCom services. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
HoloCom websites, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Your Privacy and Our Company-wide Commitment